Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lighting

It's kind of amazing how much code I have just laying around on my six or seven scattered hard drives. Took a couple minutes break from re-working all the file system stuff to implement tile-based lighting, based on some code in the Accidental project tree. I've got LoS disabled because I'm not 100% sure I even want it. I mean, what's the point of having a bird's eye view of things, if you can't use it to see beyond walls? I think that being able to see that hulking L99 badass on the other side of the wall, just itching to have a go at you, builds anticipation. But I'm leaving the LoS code in, just in case I decide, down the road, that I really do want it.

Gotten a lot of the refactoring done. Most of the PhysFS refactoring is complete, and I've done some tweaks to the world save/load system to make it more robust and less vulnerable to hacking the save file. Still need to shore up the cracks, though. Some corrupt save files could still cause problems.

I'm hammering out the design as I go, which might be a bad idea. Before I get too far ahead of myself, I might need to formalize the structure just a bit.

No comments: